The full-sized railroads and transit systems realized over a century ago what is still true today, electric motors are the most effective and efficient drive for moving heavy loads on rail.
Electric motors have a tremendous amount of torque and ALL of their torque is available as soon as they start moving; unlike internal-combustion engines which have full torque only when revved to a high RPM.
That powerful electric torque is also very smoothly applied so when an electric locomotive starts to move its wheels, they gracefully let go from a stop and ease a heavy load along the rails without jerking and slipping. That gives them more tractive effort which means they can haul heavier loads with less locomotive weight.
Battery technology has advanced tremendously in the last few decades at an accelerating pace. This allows vehicles today to carry huge loads of all-day energy in very small and light packages that 20 years ago was unheard of.
Using today’s advanced battery technology, Texas Bells and Whistles has created a new standard of railroad entertainment locomotives from the ground up capable of hauling as many passengers as the common internal-combustion locomotive for a full day's work (or even more) on just ONE charge.
Not only do our locomotives have zero emissions and no noise, they are perfect to operate indoors. Exhaust gasses from internal combustion engines make them unsafe and even illegal to operate indoors in most jurisdictions. But with no exhaust and no need for flammable fuels, our trains can operate indoors safely and cleanly all-day long.
There’s not even any warm-up. Just unplug it, turn the key, and go!
- Safe for indoor and outdoor operation
- Max speed limited, even downgrade
- Brakeless position-hold at stop, even on grade
- “Deadman” controls automatically stop train in 30 seconds when released
- No oil/gasoline/diesel/propane
- No hazardous materials storage for oil and fuels
- No hazardous waste disposal
- No exhaust emissions
- No messy/noisy chains and sprockets
- Regen braking reduces brake wear and maintenance
- No refueling (and managing fuel storage)
- No frequent removing and replacing body panels
- No changing engine/hydraulic oil and filters
- No troubleshooting/replacing spark plugs, belts, and chains
- No cleaning up oily, grimy residues from just about everywhere
- No employee burns and cuts from working in hot/tight spaces
Controlled Operating Cost
- Power grid charges don’t fluctuate as fossil fuel prices do
- Long-life batteries can last decades
- No wasted fuel from warm-up and station idling
- Less maintenance labor
- Less cleaning labor
- Less start-up/shut-down labor
- Less part wear and replacement
- Greater equipment up-time
Great Rider Experience
- No smell
- No noise
- No heat
- No exhaust
- Smooth and silent operation