The Longhorn is an outstanding locomotive in both appearance and performance. A 2-4-0 design with maximum pulling power, she can pull a fully loaded 6-coach train all day without recharging.
The driver sits comfortably in the cab, and with her powerful battery pack tucked neatly inside the boiler, her trailing tender provides the option of roomy VIP locomotive seating or, an industry first... a cooling mist system for your passengers in the coaches!
The Longhorn is equipped with:
- Realistic Phoenix Sound® steam sound effects
- Push-button operated sander
- Push-button operated track-greaser
- Bluetooth-enabled train audio player
- Rear-viewing video monitor/recorder
- Custom 3-chime solid brass air whistle
- Ergonomically adjustable joystick operation
- Digital color graphic data display
- Electric air compressor with 12-gallon reservoir
- Triple mode (electric/pneumatic/spring) fail-safe brakes
- On-board battery charger
- LED headlamp
- Durable powder-coat finish
- Solid brass detailing
- Custom vinyl graphics
- Tender configured for passenger seating or for passenger coach misting system
*can accommodate 50' radius curves but increased drag will decrease range
^ Due to import price fluctuations for raw materials, prices are subject to change without notice
The Longhorn carries up to 76.8 kilowatt-hours of lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries that can pull 6 fully-loaded aluminum coaches for 100 miles (~19 continuous hours) on just one full battery charge!*
* Average 6.0 mph pulling 30,600 lbs of standard coaches and passengers on level track with >100' radius curves - actual performance will vary
Our LiFePO4 battery packs are sealed and maintenance-free. They are designed to be safe from fire and collision damage and are computer monitored and controlled at all times to ensure maximum capacity and efficiency during charging and use.
The 7-inch full color data display in the cab shows key status and alert messaging.